WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A VISIT TO THE ER
Because time is of the essence in a medical emergency, a member of our team will triage your pet as soon as you arrive at The COVE to assess the severity of his or her illness or injury, and determine if immediate intervention is required.
If your pet is unstable when you arrive:
- Your pet will be brought to the doctor for immediate assessment and stabilization.
- You’ll be asked to remain at the registration desk so we can obtain the necessary information for your pet’s medical record.
- The doctor or a staff person will return as soon as possible to inform you about your pet’s condition and discuss a treatment plan.
If your pet is stable when you arrive:
- A staff member will obtain your pet’s medical history and conduct a physical exam.
- After this initial exam, the doctor will do a more complete exam and make recommendations for diagnostic tests and/or treatment.
What will an emergency visit cost?
After thoroughly examining your pet, we’ll discuss our recommended treatment plan with you, which may include additional diagnostic tests. An estimate of fees will be included in this plan. We want you to be fully informed about your pet’s condition so you can make the best possible decision for your personal situation.
If you decide to proceed with our recommended care plan, we’ll require a deposit to initiate further treatment.
As a 24-hour facility, our costs are usually higher than typical day practices due to the advanced equipment, skills, and experience of our team. To keep costs manageable, we ask for payment at the time of service. For your convenience, we accept all major credit cards and CareCredit, a low- or no-interest financing option for qualified applicants. Learn more about payment options at The COVE.