24/7 EMERGENCY & CRITICAL CARE
THE COVE IS OPEN 24/7
We’re open 24 hours a day, every day of the year, with a veterinarian always on site along with other skilled, caring members of our team. No appointment is ever necessary for emergency care. If your pet needs emergency services during regular business hours, please call your primary care veterinarian first. If it’s after hours, or your veterinarian has instructed you to come here, you do not need an appointment or referral to have your pet receive emergency care. If possible, however, we urge you to call us first at 757-935-9111 so we can be prepared for your arrival and if you need help bringing your pet inside.
We are fully equipped to handle the most urgent illnesses and traumatic injuries with skill, understanding, and speed.
Our Emergency & Critical Care Services
With oversight by our board-certified veterinary specialist in emergency and critical care, Jacqueline Nobles, DVM, DACVECC
Our services include:
- Emergency medical services and overnight patient monitoring when your primary care veterinarian’s practice is closed
- Intensive care (ICU) hospitalization with around-the-clock monitoring
- Sophisticated, on-site diagnostic capabilities including laboratory testing, radiology and ECG (electrocardiography)
- Emergency surgery
- Blood products and life-saving transfusions
- Advanced respiratory treatment
- Diagnostics including ultrasound, endoscopy, and bronchoscopy
- Nutritional support
- Advanced and personalized pain management
We work in partnership with your pet’s primary care veterinarian
We will always communicate with your pet’s primary care veterinarian about your pet’s condition to ensure continuity of care and appropriate follow-up.
What is a Criticalist?
There are very few veterinary criticalists in the world and we are honored to have Dr. Nobles as an integral member of The COVE family.