Call Before You Leave Home
If you are having an emergency with your beloved companion, CALL US at 757-935-9111 prior to arriving, and if possible, click here to complete the patient/client information sheet so we may be best prepared for your visit.
It is imperative that prior to leaving home, that you review the questions below:
- Are you or is anyone with you displaying fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you or has anyone with you traveled internationally in the last 14 days or to an area in the United States with high incidence of COVID-19?
- Have you or has anyone with you tested positive for COVID-19?
If the answer is yes to any of the above, REMAIN at home and do not visit the clinic. We ask you to find someone else to bring your pet in to receive care.
When You Arrive:
- Parking is available in tented spaces adjacent to our front door, as well as non-covered spots, including a 5min drop off spot, immediately in front of our entrance.
- Call 757-935-9111 and provide your parking spot # and/or make/model/color of your vehicle.
- A member of our medical team will come to your car to assess your pet’s condition and bring your pet inside while you remain in the car.
- After your pet’s examination, we will call you to discuss your pet’s condition, diagnosis, treatment options and more. All communication with doctors and team members will take place via phone.
Please note that patients experiencing life-threatening injuries and/or disease processes will be seen first. Our additional safety precautions, as well as our increased caseload, may impact your wait time. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we all do our part to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 whilst providing essential veterinary care and service 24/7/365.
As of July 6, 2020, all Specialty/Referral services have resumed their pre-COVID-19 receiving schedules:
- Cardiology: Monday through Thursday
- Surgery: Monday through Thursday (Discharges on Fridays)
- Dentistry: Monday through Thursday
- Critical Care and ER continue to run 24/7
Any urgent consultations should be directed to our ER and immediate triage, stabilization and care will be provided as indicated then transferred to the respective service accordingly. Please be aware that those with chronic or stable conditions may be asked to delay their appointment until a later date. Call us at 757-935-9111 to speak with Rhiannon, our Referral Coordinator, to schedule and more information.
When visiting The COVE, please follow CDC guidelines for personal health and hygiene:
- Wash your hands with soap and water prior to coming to The COVE.
- Utilize the provided hand washing station and restroom in a shaded area near our front entrance for your use on site.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wear a mask and cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze, using a tissue or your inner elbow (not your hands).
- When possible maintain a safe social distance (6 feet) between yourself and others and abstain from shaking hands