COVID-19 UPDATE AS OF July 2, 2020
As we continue to adapt to the ever-changing COVID-19 situation at hand, we want to assure you that we are still open and able to assist your clients and patients. It is imperative that prior to leaving home, that you review the questions below:
1. Are you or anyone with you displaying fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
2. Have you or anyone with you traveled internationally in the last 14 days or to an area in the United States with high incidence of COVID-19?
3. Are you and/or anyone with you tested positive for COVID19?
If the answer is yes to any of the above, REMAIN at home and do not visit the clinic. We ask you to find someone else to bring your pet in to receive care.
If you are having an emergency with your beloved companion, CALL US at 757-935-9111 prior to arriving and if possible, click here to complete the patient/client information sheet so we may be best prepared for your visit. We have reserved tent covered parking spots immediately adjacent to our front doors. Once you arrive, call us and let us know the # parking spot you are in.
Please note, we continue to offer curbside service for emergencies and appointments in order to be able to provide uninterrupted service to all patients that require our care and services while maintaining all safety guidelines for the safety of you and Team COVE.
Emergency patients will be triaged promptly by a medical team member and brought into the hospital for assessment. After examination, all communication with doctors and team members will take place via phone. Those patients experiencing life-threatening injuries and/or disease processes will be seen first and may extend the wait times. These additional safety precautions as well as our increased caseload may impact our wait times. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we all do our part to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 whilst providing essential veterinary care and service 24/7/365.
As of July 6th, all Specialty/Referral services have resumed their pre-COVID-19 receiving schedules:
Cardiology: Monday through Thursday
Surgery: Monday through Thursday (Discharges on Fridays)
Dentistry: Monday through Thursday
Critical Care and ER continue to run 24/7
Any urgent consultations should be directed to our ER and immediate triage, stabilization and care will be provided as indicated then transferred to the respective service accordingly. Please be aware that those with chronic or stable conditions may be asked to delay their appointment until a later date. Call us at 757-935-9111 to speak with Rhiannon, our Referral Coordinator, to schedule and more information.
When visiting The COVE, please follow CDC guidelines for personal health and hygiene:
- Wash your hands with soap and water prior to coming to The COVE.
- Utilize the provided hand washing station and restroom in a shaded area near our front entrance for your use on site.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wear a mask and cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze, using a tissue or your inner elbow (not your hands).
- When possible maintain a safe social distance (6 feet) between yourself and others and abstain from shaking hands
For humane euthanasia, we are available and kindly request limited number of family members accompany the patient.
Alternatively, we strongly recommend you consider utilizing the in-home euthanasia services that are offered in the Hampton Roads area to minimize potential exposure and allow the opportunity for more family members to be present.
We will provide clients with the following information*:
- Hampton Roads Veterinary Hospice 757-474-5968
- Four Paws Mobile Veterinary Clinic 757-880-4051
* Contact them directly for availability